The Medical Doctors Union functions as a physicians’ guild and supports the right of physicians to organize. Interests include labor issues affecting physicians and promoting the health and safety of physicians and patients.
Other interests include:
- Act as a supporting force for physicians with employment issues, labor concerns
- Identify employment and insurance practices that harm physicians and patients
- Investigate financial disempowerment issues affecting physicians
- Address physician and patient concerns regarding the corporate practice of medicine
- Address issues in tort reform
- Education of the public regarding sacrifices made by physicians and their families so as to achieve an education in medicine and practice medicine